Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Talent galore.....Hunter Hayes


While I am an avid music lover, I was not bestowed any God given musical talent…..none that I’ve discovered yet anyway.  In direct contrast, the artist I’m writing about today has enough talent for 20 people!  At only 21 years of age, he plays all 30 plus instruments on his debut album, writes/cowrites his own music, writes for others and is currently on tour with none other than Carrie Underwood.  His name is Hunter Hayes.

Hunter’s self titled debut album has already produced a #1, “Wanted.”  After 40 weeks on the Billboard country charts, it still sits at #5.  The first single, “Storm Warning,” attained Gold status, while the current single “Somebody’s Heartbreak” jumped into the Top 30 after only 2 weeks on the charts and was the most added spin the week of its release.  Quite an impressive charge out of the gate I’d say.

Even more impressive is that he’s managed to quickly gain that elusive industry attention.  Not only was he awarded the CMA’s Best New Artist of 2012, he is set to perform on the Grammy Nomination special this Wednesday, December 5, at 10 p.m. EST on CBS, and also on the CMT Artists of the Year show Saturday, December 8 at 11 p.m. EST.

Learn more about Hunter at…… www.hunterhayes.com

Follow him at:
Twitter:                                                           @hunterhayes
Facebook, Myspace and Reverbnation:          Hunter Hayes


Pictures courtesy of www.hunterhayes.com

Take a listen and ENJOY!

“Wanted”

“Storm Warning”

“Somebody’s Heartbreak”
http://youtu.be/77gTpCC2Wk8


Copyright ©2012 Alicia's View On All Things Music All rights reserved
Copyright ©2012 Music Central All rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. I can't even name 30 instruments...life is so unfair. What a talent, great find Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...no kidding! Even if I could name em, I still couldn't play em. Thus...I write about em.

      Thx Kat for reading.

      Delete
  2. I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE HIM!!!! :) So talented and so cute!!! :) Love it!! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. I thought you might approve! :)

      Delete