Saturday, February 23, 2013

Legends of Rock Cruise 2...Jimi Jamison w/ Hybrid Ice


       The cruise was winding down, but the excitement was never higher!  The night had arrived.  Jimi Jamison’s performance with Hybrid Ice was imminent.  As they took the stage, the dance floor filled immediately.
Jimi’s voice filled the room, flawless, deep, rich…never better!  Hybrid Ice….rocked as always!  Running through several Survivor hits, including “I Can’t Hold Back” and “The Search Is Over,” the crowd was dancing and singing along.  Some not so willingly!  When Jimi lowered the mic to the gal standing in front of me, she nearly did a backbend trying to avoid it!  I can’t say I blame her.  I’ve had that same experience, and have very candidly said that if he values his sound system, he might want to avoid putting the mic in front of me!  LOL My lack of singing ability could cause equipment damage for sure!
       Much to our delight, all of the performers from the previous nights on the cruise came to the stage for an all star jam!  Perfect way to end the night.  We drank in every moment, relived the memories each song conjured up, and wished the night could go on forever.  Thanks to Jimi, Hybrid Ice and all the artists for a night of new cherished memories!




























Copyright ©2013 Alicia’s View On All Things Music All rights reserved
Copyright ©2013 Music Central All rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Hi again from England !!

    On May 28th 1987, I put 'Eye Of The Tiger' onto an old "mix tape" - you know, the sort of thing we used to play in cars & at work.

    I know it was May 28th - because, over the last few weeks or so, I've been transferring the 1987 tapes over to Cd..... today, it was the turn of 'Eye Of The Tiger'.....

    .... then I read your post !! Spooky or what !!

    Nevermind... great pictures & good to know Jimi J is still singing strong !!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! How about that timing?? Haha :) Bet you've got some great music on that 1987 CD! Perfect start with Eye Of The Tiger!

      Thanks for the compliment on my pics. Yes JJ is perfection! The guy is just amazing!

      Chat again soon :)

      Delete
    2. Hi again...

      Yep great tapes... 42 of them, with one track for each day of the year - a kind of musical diary !! It's taking forever to put them onto Cd tho'... never mind...

      Take care

      Delete
    3. I think your CD project is wonderful! Very cool!

      :)

      Delete